Carefirst Seniors & Community Services Association is a non-profit charitable community services agency established since 1976. Our spectrum of services has grown from the delivery of Chinese meals-on-wheels service to a full range of community support services, covering the whole Greater Toronto Area, and the York Region.
With a staff of 350 members (including full-time and part-time staff), the help of a pool of 1,200 active volunteers, and an annual operating budget of $10 million, we serve 6,500 clients a year, including seniors and physically disabled; 1,500 of whom are "home-bound" and frail.
We are committed to serve the community with our belief that "Care" for our client's needs has always been our "first" and primary level of concern and focus. Our mission is to ensure the seniors and those in need of our services enjoy independent, enriched and quality living in the community through our social, health care and supportive services.
Our Mission is to ensure that Chinese Seniors & where appropriate, others in need of services, in the Greater Toronto Area and the surrounding areas live a quality and enriched life in the community. Specifically, we strive to promote and enhance their personal wellness through a range of social, health care, and supportive services, planned and delivered on a holistic basis.
Charitable registration# 10691 5861 RR0001
- Registered as a charitable non-profit organization (charitable organization #83974 4943 RR0001).
- Fundraises for Carefirst Seniors and Community Services Association and other organizations with similar objectives – to provide stable and quality community services to those in need.
- Since its first inauguration in October 2006, the Foundation’s Board has developed a strategic plan on how to realize its commitment to Carefirst Seniors and Community Services Association. The goal is to raise an astounding $6 million to facilitate the development of the “One-Stop Multi-Services Centre”, which will combine social, medical and recreational services for the easy access of service users in Scarborough.
Carefirst Family Health Team
Optimizing the health of Asian Canadians through accessible, client-centred, quality primary health care services in a collaborative team-based setting.
Our Mission Statement
Carefirst will take a leading role in improving and maintaining the health of Asian Canadians (with a special emphasis on newcomers) living in underserved areas of the GTA, through the provision of timely, quality, holistic primary health care offered in a multi-disciplinary, culturally competent environment.
- Commit to a client-centred model of primary health care
- Commit to ensuring quality and professional health care for all clients
- Promote client self-management through health education and wellness
- Commit to a culturally competent environment that addresses the diverse health needs of newcomers
- Strive to provide timely access to care for all of our clients
- Value teamwork and promote respect among all our stakeholders
- Consider the social determinants of health that affect all clients
- Maintain and uphold ethical, non-discriminatory and exclusive practices
- Engage in evidence-based practices in primary care delivery
- Provide an environment that fosters safe and effective health care delivery
- Commit to supporting a balanced work/lifestyle for our staff
- Be inclusive of families and caregivers in its practice
- Value individual and organizational accountability to all of our stakeholders
- Research innovative approaches to health care solutions